Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Taking a trip down Memory Lane

First I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers during these last couple of weeks. For those of you who don't know, my dad passed away a couple weeks ago. He was truly blessed in that he lived into his eighties, he traveled and golfed up until the last day of his life and died peacefully in his chair at home. If we should all be so lucky, eh?

One of the positive things that came about because of all of this is that I got to go through my entire photo collection I had stuffed in the back of the closet. It was fun pulling out pictures of my dad from when I was a kid. I also got to remember all the pets and animals along the way. All things that influenced my path to becoming a veterinarian.

One photograph that made me chuckle was this picture of me around age 6 or 7? God Bless patient dogs. This was my first dog and her name was Micki. Gosh it looks like I'm strangling her, but I'm just being a kid and making her look at the camera. Too funny though. She was a very forgiving dog for having to put up with me. Love my grandad sitting on the couch in the background and looking bored. I loved that man. He was so kind and giving.


Hard to believe I was so blond too. My husband says that explains so much. Thanks dear.

I guess the point of all of this is that I really enjoyed going through all those old photographs. It is something that I intend to do more often. After all, our memories are what we have to take with us through our life. Treasure the good ones and treat them like they are precious. And when we pass, we will hopefully live on in the memories of others and make them smile when they think of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment